Dancing Fairies and Sweet Secret Pleasures...

The girls have been in ballet class for the last year and half and have their first performance at UW A&S auditorium next Saturday at 1pm. Yesterday they had pictures and a dress rehearsal. Makeda LOVED the outfit and idea that she got to wear make-up for the scene. Simret was not so impressed (as you can tell by the look on her face). She didn't like how "itchy" the outfit was, how tight the top was, nor how the crown hurt her hair. Makeda says to all of Simret's complaining " but, its okay Simretie, stop crying you look pretty." I'm with Simret - why should we sacrifice comfort for beauty - when she is beautiful no matter what she wears (especially where beauty matters - on the inside) ~another life lesson taught to me by my children~ feeling comfortable is beautiful .
Spring in Wyoming = snow. Yup the roads have been closed for the last two days??? Where are you sunshine - I miss you!
Simret would rather be eating and watching Pink Panther right now. I'm with her - I would rather be ANYWHERE than in a small room with ten 3-year-old girls waiting their turn to get their picture taken. Lance was at work during this scene (lucky) and calls to see how things are progressing. Lance "so where are you?". Me "in Hell". Lance "I just finished up, do you need my help." Me "yes - but more like your support to get through this". We were there for well over an hour then off to the dress rehearsal... for more fun.
Waiting their turn for photos.

My sweet baby Simret napping. I have to admit a new secret sweet pleasure of mine... I have been napping with her for the last month or so. I so love her soft breath on my face as we drift off into dream land together. As many of you know, I am usually on-the-go and often have a hard time relaxing - but lately have found this downtime with my little beast priceless.

No comments:

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."